13 Books Leaders Must Read
A book brings a journey to the mind and soul of every reader. It’s no surprise that as early as our toddler days, we were taught to read and listen to books. That’s because books are gateways to limitless learnings that tickle our imagination and drive development.
Even as we move up to our careers and lead teams, taking a break to read is good for you. Having your nose in a book enriches your perspective thanks to experts who share their inspiring stories. We can gain knowledge and wisdom that empower us to become great leaders. Just as American journalist Margaret Fuller said: Today a reader, tomorrow a leader.
If you’re not sure where to start, we’ve got you! This list will help you flick through the must-read books to grow the leader in you.
1. General ReadGrit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance
Author: Angela Duckworth
2. Self-ImprovementDeveloping The Leader Within You 2.0
Author: John C. Maxwell
3. EntrepreneurEntreLeadership: 20 Years of Practical Business Wisdom from the Trenches
Author: Dave Ramsey
4. C-level LeadersThe Effective Executive: The Definitive Guide to Getting the Right Things Done
Author: Peter F. Drucker
5. Digital LeadersThe Technology Fallacy: How People Are the Real Key to Digital Transformation
Author: Gerald C. Kane, Ahn Nguyen Phillips, Jonathan Copulsky, and Garth Andrus
6. Nonprofit LeadersGive and Take: Why Helping Others Drives Our Success
Author: Adam Grant
7. MentorshipThe Coaching Habit: Say Less, Ask More & Change The Way You Lead Forever
Author: Michael Bungay Stanier
8. Team GrowthHerding Tigers: Be the Leader That Creative People Need
Author: Todd Henry
9. Diversity and CultureEdge: Turning Adversity into Advantage
Author: Laura Huang
10. Emotional IntelligencePrimal Leadership, With a New Preface by the Authors: Unleashing the Power of Emotional Intelligence
Author: Daniel Goleman, Richard Boyatzis, and Annie McKee
11. Powerful WomenMore Than Enough: Claiming Space for Who You Are (No Matter What They Say)
Author: Elaine Welteroth
12. Words of WisdomHow to Lead: Wisdom from the World's Greatest CEOs, Founders, and Game Changers
Author: David M. Rubenstein
13. Timeless LeadershipOn Becoming a Leader
Author: Warren G. Bennis
We hope that our recommended leadership books will help you grasp new knowledge and grow as a new-found leader. If reading is not your habit, maybe it’s time to turn it into one! By sparing time during a break or over the weekend, you might enjoy it and become a more effective leader with the right read.